- 1 cup [140 g] all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] salt
- 1 cup [250 mL] buckwheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup [310 mL] milk
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] super fine sugar [semolina sugar]
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white
- 4 ounces [113 g] butter
- 6 ounces [170 g] smoked mackerel, skin removed and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] lemon juice
- 5/8 cup [160 mL] sour cream
- 3 ounces [85 g] butter
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] chopped chives
- Into a large bowl, mix together all-purpose flour and salt; into a separate bowl, sift buckwheat flour and reserve.
- Into a 5-cup [1.25 L] microwave-safe dish, microwave milk for 2 minutes, on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Mix together yeast and fine sugar; mix in 2 tablespoons [30 mL] warmed milk, until dissolved.
- Make a well in the center of all-purpose flour mixture; pour in yeast mixture.
- Mix together flour mixture, remaining milk and yeast mixture, until smooth.
- Cover; leave to rest for 30 minutes into a warm environment.
- Mix in buckwheat flour and enough milk to get a liquid batter.
- Mix in egg yolk.
- Melt butter, covered, into a microwave-safe bowl, for 45 to 60 seconds; mix into batter.
- Whip egg white until stiff; delicately fold into batter.
- Cover; leave to rest for 30 to 45 minutes, into a warm environment.
- Heat a little oil in a 7-inch [18-cm] frypan, over high heat.
- Pour in 3 tablespoons [45 mL] batter, quickly move frypan to evenly spread batter.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, over medium heat, until tiny bubbles appear on top.
- Flip pancake over; cook for 1 to 2 minutes more, until lightly browned.
- Slip pancake onto a plate; keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter; keep warm.
- Mix together crumbled smoked mackerel, lemon juice and sour cream.
- Microwave mixture for 2 to 3 minutes on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM'.
- Generously sprinkle with pepper; reserve.
- Melt butter, covered for 1 to 1 1/4 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Coat pancakes with melted butter; garnish with reserved smoked fish mixture.
- Serve, sprinkled with chopped parsley and chives.