- 1/2 cup [70 g] flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon [2.5 to 5 mL] salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup [250 mL] milk
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] melted butter
- 3 teaspoons [15 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 2 to 3 tablespoons [30 to 45 mL] oil
- 2 cups [500 mL] white sauce
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] cooked ham sticks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 to 4 teaspoons [10 to 20 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 1 cup [250 mL] black olives, chopped
- 4 tablespoons [60 g] or more any grated cheese
- Into a bowl, mix together flour and salt.
- Make a well in the center; break in eggs.
- Slowly pour in milk, mixing.
- As soon as batter is smooth and resembles liquid cream, mix in melted butter and chopped parsley.
- Over medium heat, heat oil into a frypan; remove excess oil.
- Pour some batter into the center of the frypan; tilting frypan, evenly spread batter all over the bottom of the frypan.
- Cook pancake for approximately 30 seconds, until sides start to curl and pancake is golden brown underneath.
- Using a spatula or a knife, just lift sides.
- Flip pancake over; cook for approximately 20 seconds more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Be careful not to have too much batter over the bottom of the frypan.
- Reheat white sauce over low heat.
- Into a bowl, mix together 1/2 to 1 cup [125 to 250 mL] white sauce and ham sticks.
- Reserve remaining white sauce to serve.
- Salt, pepper and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Spread ham filling over half of each pancake; roll, so that filling is at each end of rolls.
- Arrange rolls into an oven-safe dish or pan.
- Mix chopped parsley and black olives into remaining sauce; coat rolls.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese; broil until golden brown.