- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] milk
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] cream [15% m.s.g.]
- 3/4 cup [105 g] flour
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] cream
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons [90 mL] maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups [440 mL] strawberry slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons [22.5 g] sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons [22.5 mL] Rum
- 16 [6-inch / 15 cm each] orange and/or lemon rinds
- Beat together eggs, milk and cream.
- Sift and mix in flour, a little at a time, beating with an electric mixer after each addition.
- Beat in maple syrup and melted butter.
- Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour.
- Cook pancakes into a lightly buttered frypan.
- Heat together milk and cream.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs into maple syrup; well mix in cornstarch.
- Slowly pour in warm milk/cream mixture, stirring.
- Pour mixture into the top part of a double boiler.
- Cook over low heat, until mixture coats the back of a metal spoon; reserve.
- Mix together 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] strawberry slices, sugar and Rum; macerate for 1 hour.
- Arrange approximately 1 tablespoon [15 mL] strawberrry mixture onto the center of each pancake; close into a purse.
- Tie each purse with an orange or a lemon rind.
- Puree remaining 1/4 cup [60 mL] strawberry slices.
- Pour a little custard into the center of each individual plate.
- Using a piping nozzle, trace strawberry puree circles onto each plate; using the tip of knife, draw any desired pattern[s].
- Center purses over custard, into the center of each individual plate and serve.