- 1/2 pound [227 g] cottage cheese
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup [140 g] flour
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] milk
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] melted butter
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] vanilla
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups [250 to 375 mL] fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] cream of tartar
- Into a food processor, beat cottage cheese until smooth.
- Add egg yolks; beat until creamy.
- Sift together flour, sugar and salt.
- Mix cottage cheese mixture into flour mixture; mix in milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Thoroughly mix together.
- Delicately fold in blueberries.
- Beat together egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff.
- Using a spatula, delicately fold egg whites into cottage cheese/blueberry mixture.
- Lightly grease a frypan, pour in a little batter and cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, until thick and tiny bubbles appear on surface.
- Flip pancake over and brown on other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve at once!