- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] oatmeal
- 2 cups [500 mL] buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup [70 g] all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] sugar
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] baking soda
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- Shortening for cooking
- Maple syrup
- Soak oatmeal into buttermilk for 10 minutes; beat in eggs.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Using a whip or an electric beater, mix dry ingredients into oatmeal/buttermilk mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Cook pancakes over quite high heat, into a little melted shortening; well brown on both sides.
- Serve, along with maple syrup.