- 1 cup [140 g] flour
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] salt
- 1/2 a pea baking soda [as big as 1/2 a pea!]
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] milk
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] water
- Mix together flour, salt and baking soda, making sure that baking soda is well mixed in.
- Add eggs; pour in milk and water.
- Whip until there is no more lump.
- Melt 'a pea' of shortening into a hot frypan.
- Pour 1 ladle of batter into frypan; tilt frypan to spread batter all over the bottom.
- When golden underneath, flip pancake over and brown on other side!
- Repeat last 3 steps with remaining batter.