- 2 1/2 cups [375 mL] wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] dark wheat flour [optional]
- 1/2 cup [100 g] sugar [or less]
- 1 envelope vanilla sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups [1 L] milk
- 1/4 cup - 2 teaspoons [50 g] butter, melted
- 1 drop [or more] Rum
- Into a large bowl, mix together flours, sugar, vanilla sugar and salt.
- Break and mix in eggs, crushing flour mixture on the side of the bowl [working that way = no lump!].
- When eggs are well mixed in, pour in some of the milk, a little at a time.
- When flours are well mixed in, pour in melted butter; thoroughly mix.
- Pour in remaining milk; mix in Rum.