- 1 cup [140 g] all-purpose flour
- 1 cup [250 mL] buckwheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups [500 mL] water
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] salt
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] baking soda
- 4 cups [1 L] water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 pound [227 g] monkfish dices
- 1/2 pound [227 g] pike dices
- 1/3 pound [150 g] tiny scallops
- 1/2 pound [227 g] tiny shrimps
- 4 cups [1 L] mussels, in shells
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 cup [250 mL] water
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] flour
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] stock
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] chopped parsley
- Mix together all-purpose and buckwheat flours.
- Make a well in the center; break in eggs.
- Stir, pouring in a little water, all of the salt and baking soda.
- Pour in remaining water, stirring briskly for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Oil a frypan; heat over medium heat.
- Pour in a little batter; brown.
- Flip pancake over; brown on other side.
- Remove pancake from frypan.
- Cook remaining batter.
- Bring water, bay leaf and onion to a boil.
- Boil for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Strain; reserve hot.
- Simmer monkfish dices into hot stock for a few minutes; add pike dices.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes more, add scallops and shrimps; remove from heat.
- Into a clean saucepan, simmer together mussels, bay leaf, minced onion and water, until shells open-up.
- Remove mussels from shells; add to filling mixture.
- Melt butter into a saucepan; immediately mix in flour.
- Pour in stock, whipping until thickened.
- Mix in chopped parsley.
- Delicately mix in reserved filling mixture.
- Evenly spoon white sauce mixture into the center of pancakes.
- Fold two sides over and serve.