- 1 [4-ounce / 113-mL] can shrimps [approximately 48 shrimps]
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup [250 mL] skim milk
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] corn oil
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teasoon [1 mL] salt
- 1 [12-ounce / 340-mL] can asparagus, drained [24 asparagus]
- 2 cups [500 mL] white sauce
- 1 cup [225 g] grated Mozzarella cheese
- Rinse shrimps; sprinkle shrimps with lemon juice and reserve.
- Beat eggs.
- Beat in skim milk, powdered milk and corn oil.
- Into a large bowl, mix together whole-wheat flour and salt.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture; pour in eggs mixture.
- Stir until just dampened.
- Leave batter to rest.
- Into a non-stick frypan [do not add any fat], cook 12 pancakes, using 2 tablespoons [30 mL] mixture for each pancake.
- Roll 2 asparagus and 4 shrimps into each pancake.
- Arrange into a baking dish.
- Coat with white sauce.
- Sprinkle all over with grated Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake into a preheated 375°F [190°C] oven for 10 minutes.
- Broil until golden brown.