- 1 cup [250 mL] light ricotta cheese, well drained
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup [70 g] all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup [60 g] sugar
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] grated lemon rind
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] soft margarine or melted unsalted butter
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup [380 mL] lemon juice
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] icing sugar, sifted
- Into a large bowl, whip together drained ricotta cheese, egg yolks, flour, sugar, grated lemon rind, nutmeg and margarine or unsalted butter.
- Into a clean bowl, beat egg whites until light and foamy.
- Delicately fold eggs whites into ricotta cheese mixture.
- Over medium heat, warm a large non-stick frypan.
- Pour in large spoonfuls batter; lightly spread each mound with the back of a spoon.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side, until pancakes are done.
- Meanwhile, heat lemon juice into a saucepan; mix in icing sugar.
- To serve, brush pancakes with lemon juice mixture.