- 2/3 cup [130 g] sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] cinnamon
- 1/4 cup [60 g] butter
- 2 apples or pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup [70 g] all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] salt
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Maple syrup or hot blueberry syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°F [220°C].
- Into a small bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon [15 g] of the sugar and cinnamon; reserve.
- Into a heavy, oven-safe skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add apple or pear slices; cook for 5 minutes, stirring until fruits are translucent.
- Meanwhile, into a large bowl, whisk together remaining sugar, flour, milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and nutmeg, just until blended; do not overmix.
- Remove skillet from heat; pour batter evenly over apple or pear slices [there will only be a thin layer of batter].
- Bake into preheated oven for 15 minutes, until set.
- Remove skillet from oven; run a thin metal spatula all around the edge to loosen pancake.
- Invert skillet onto a large plate; carefully slide pancake back into skillet.
- Sprinkle evenly with reserved sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes more, until puffed, golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean from its center.
- Loosen pancake as before.
- Slide pancake onto a warmed serving plate.
- Serve at once, cut into wedges and drizzled with maple syrup or hot blueberry syrup.