- 2 cups [500 mL] buttermilk
- 2 eggs yolks
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] melted butter
- 2 cups [280 g] all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons [10 g] sugar
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] baking powder
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 2 eggs whites
- Into a medium bowl, stir together buttermilk, egg yolks and melted butter until smooth and well combined.
- Into a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; make a well in the centre and pour in buttermilk mixture.
- Into a clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into batter until well combined.
- Heat a greased skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop 1/4 cup - 2 teaspoons [50 mL] batter at a time into skillet, well apart and spreading each pancake with the back of a spoon.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until bubbles appear on surface.
- Turn pancakes; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until well browned.
- Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed.
- Serve at once.