- 2 cups + 5 teaspoons [525 mL] buttermilk
- 2 cups [500 mL] quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup [75 g] melted butter
- 1/2 cup [70 g] all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] baking powder
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] cinnamon
- Into a large bowl, stir together buttermilk and rolled oats; refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Stir eggs and melted butter into rolled oats mixture, until well combined.
- Sift together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture, all at once, to oat mixture; stir until just moistened, ignoring lumps.
- Heat a greased skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop 1/4 cup - 2 teaspoonfuls [50 mL] batter into hot skillet, well apart; spread each pancake with the back of a spoon.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until bubbles appear on surface.
- Flip pancakes over; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until well browned.
- Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed.
- Serve at once.