- 1 cup [250 mL] rice flour
- 1 1/3 cups [330 mL] cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] curcuma
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] curry powder
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 10 sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 red bell pepper, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 shelled shrimps
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] bean sprouts
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] Nuoc Nam [fish sauce]
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] apple vinegar
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly squeezed lime juice, with pulp
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] really hot water
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons [5 mL] freshly grated ginger
- 1 small minced pimiento or Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Thoroughly mix together rice flour, cold water, curcuma, curry powder and green onion slices; reserve.
- Using a non-stick frypan, heat oil, over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add some green onion, mushrooms and red bell pepper slices.
- Salt and pepper.
- After a few minutes, add 3 or 4 shrimps; heat for a few seconds then turn shrimps over.
- Pour in approximately 1/3 cup [80 mL] reserved pancake mixture, moving frypan to spread the mixture.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until sides shrink and become golden brown.
- Add just a few bean sprouts and fold the pancake; reserve into a warm oven, onto an uncovered plate.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, mixing pancake mixture well before using.
- Serve over lettuce leaves, along with sauce, onto small individual plates.
- Mix well together fish sauce, apple vinegar, lime juice, really hot water, brown sugar, grated ginger and minced pimiento or Cayenne pepper.