- 1 cup [140 g] flour
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] sugar
- 1 cup [250 mL] milk
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] melted margarine
- 1 egg
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; make a 'hole' in the center.
- Into a clean bowl, beat egg until thick; beat in milk, then beat in margarine.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients.
- Stir quickly.
- Test frypan to see if it is hot enough.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons [30 mL] batter at a time, into frypan.
- Cook until it bubbles and edge of pancake is burnt.
- Flip pancake over; brown on other side.