- 2 cups [500 mL] shredded potatoes
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] grated onion
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] baking powder
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] pepper
- Heat a griddle or a heavy-bottom frypan.
- Thoroughly mix together shredded potatoes, grated onion and beaten eggs.
- Into a clean bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper; well mix into potato mixture.
- Spoon [large spoonful] batter onto griddle or into frypan; spread mixture as thinly as possible, yet into small pancakes.
- When golden brown on one side, flip pancake over and brown on other side.
- Keep pancakes warm while cooking remaining batter.