- 2 cups [500 mL] grated potatoes
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] nutmeg
- 1/3 cup + 5 teaspoons [60 g] flour
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] minced onion
- 2 ounces [60 g] lean salt pork dices
- Well dry grated potatoes into a clean cloth; transfer into a bowl.
- Mix in eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg, flour and minced onion.
- Thoroughly mix.
- Into a frypan, melt salt pork dices.
- Pour in 1/4 cup [60 mL] batter.
- Cook over low heat until pancake is golden brown and crusty on both sides, flipping pancake over once.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- To help prevent burning pancakes, just brown pancakes, on both sides, into a frypan; transfer pancakes into a preheated 400°F [200°C] oven, for 10 minutes.